Carved Wooden Figures was published on May 17, 2017 at 4:06 am. This article is published under the Wooden category. Carved Wooden Figures is tagged with Carved Wooden Figures, Carved, Wooden, Figures..
Carvedcarve (kärv),USA pronunciation v., carved, carv•ing.
- to cut (a solid material) so as to form something: to carve a piece of pine.
- to form from a solid material by cutting: to carve a statue out of stone.
- to cut into slices or pieces, as a roast of meat.
- to decorate with designs or figures cut on the surface: The top of the box was beautifully carved with figures of lions and unicorns.
- to cut (a design, figures, etc.) on a surface: Figures of lions and unicorns were carved on the top of the box.
- to make or create for oneself (often fol. by out): He carved out a career in business.
- to carve figures, designs, etc.
- to cut meat.
Woodenwood•en (wŏŏd′n),USA pronunciation adj.
- consisting or made of wood;
wood: a wooden ship.
- stiff, ungainly, or awkward: a wooden gait.
- without spirit, animation, or awareness.
- dull or stupid.
- indicating the fifth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary.
Figuresfig•ure (fig′yər; esp. Brit. fig′ər),USA pronunciation n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- a numerical symbol, esp. an Arabic numeral.
- an amount or value expressed in numbers.
- figures, the use of numbers in calculating;
arithmetic: to be poor at figures.
- a written symbol other than a letter.
- form or shape, as determined by outlines or exterior surfaces: to be round, square, or cubical in figure.
- the bodily form or frame: a slender or graceful figure.
- an individual bodily form or a person with reference to form or appearance: A tall figure stood in the doorway.
- a character or personage, esp. one of distinction: a well-known figure in society.
- a person's public image or presence: a controversial political figure.
- the appearance or impression made by a person or sometimes a thing: to make quite a figure in financial circles; to present a wretched figure of poverty.
- a representation, pictorial or sculptured, esp. of the human form: The frieze was bordered with the figures of men and animals.
- an emblem, type, or symbol: The dove is a figure of peace.
- [Rhet.]a figure of speech.
- a textural pattern, as in cloth or wood: draperies with an embossed silk figure.
- a distinct movement or division of a dance.
- a movement, pattern, or series of movements in skating.
- [Music.]a short succession of musical notes, as either a melody or a group of chords, that produces a single complete and distinct impression.
- [Geom.]a combination of geometric elements disposed in a particular form or shape: The circle, square, and polygon are plane figures. The sphere, cube, and polyhedron are solid figures.
- [Logic.]the form of a categorical syllogism with respect to the relative position of the middle term.
- [Optics.]the precise curve required on the surface of an optical element, esp. the mirror or correcting plate of a reflecting telescope.
- the natural pattern on a sawed wood surface produced by the intersection of knots, burls, growth rings, etc.
- a phantasm or illusion.
- cut a figure. See cut (defs. 42, 44b).
- to compute or calculate (often fol. by up): to figure up a total.
- to express in figures.
- to mark or adorn with a design or pattern.
- to portray by speech or action.
- to represent or express by a figure of speech.
- to represent by a pictorial or sculptured figure, a diagram, or the like;
picture or depict;
trace (an outline, silhouette, etc.).
- [Informal.]to conclude, judge, reason, or think about: I figured that you wanted me to stay.
- to embellish with passing notes or other decorations.
- to write figures above or below (a bass part) to indicate accompanying chords.
- to compute or work with numerical figures.
- to be or appear, esp. in a conspicuous or prominent way: His name figures importantly in my report.
- [Informal.](of a situation, act, request, etc.) to be logical, expected, or reasonable: He quit the job when he didn't get a raise—it figured.
- figure in, to add in: Figure in rent and utilities as overhead.
- figure on, [Informal.]
- to count or rely on.
- to take into consideration;
plan on: You had better figure on running into heavy traffic leaving the city.
- figure out, [Informal.]
- to understand;
solve: We couldn't figure out where all the money had gone.
- to calculate;
- figure up, [Informal.]to total: The bill figures up to exactly $1000.
The article about Carved Wooden Figures have 10 attachments , they are My Modern Met, Image 1 :, Chinese Wood Carvings | 93, 94 - Chinese Carved Teak Wood Figures, Hand Carved Wood Man And Woman Figurines By Gaston Turcotte Of Quebec Canada, Santa Claus Wood Carving, A Large Black Forest Fine Carved Wooden Figure , Man With Pipe From Europeantiqueshop On Ruby Lane, African Baule Carved Wooden Figure, Cote D'Ivoire., Large-Scale Hand-Carved Wooden Folk Art Figures 1, Antique Oriental Chinese / Japanese Carved Box Wood Figure With Basket Woodenware Photo, Guardian Figures Carved In Wood, Found Near Villages For Protection From Evil Spirits, Sarawak. Following are the photos:
Gardening can be an enjoyable exercise to unwind. How to choose Carved Wooden Figures turned one of gardening's essential aspects. Moreover, presently there are many types and hues of box sold generating the selection process may be complicated and more thrilling. Consequently, before choosing a box that is appropriate to get a selection of plants in the home, be sure that you've seen these guidelines.
It can possibly create the sources to rot because the base damp and of the pan will clot. Furthermore, notice additionally the region that you will utilize to put the box. If that's not likely to be confined, you can look at to utilize a hanging pot in order to save space.
Over only a place pan, to plant can also offer as design. Collection of the correct pan may improve the splendor of your household. Conversely, if the size of the box you select is too big, there be of nutrients that'll not be attained by the sources, so there will actually a great deal in vain.